Hometown : Johnson, Vermont
Education and Area of Study :
- University of Vermont
- Major in Exercise Physiology
- US National Champion Classic Sprint ‘13
- 4 x US National Podiums
- 20 x US SuperTour Podiums in past two years
- 1st Classic American Birkebeiner ’11
- 3rd Skate American Birkebeiner ‘12
- 3 x USA World U23/Junior Worlds athlete
Current Residence : Minneapolis, MN
- Hiking, road biking, canoeing, running
- Horseback riding
- Ultimate Frisbee
Other (Non-Athletic) Interests :
- Music & Dancing
- Creating/Building/Innovating/Jury rigging
- Painting & Garden landscapes
When did you start skiing?
Around 7th/8th grade as a method to maintain winter fitness for cross country running
Why is skiing important in your Life?
It gives me the opportunity to travel and find out how far I can push myself.
Skiing Goals :
- Multiple US Nationals sprint podium
- Place top 10 in World Cup
- Compete in 2014 and 2018 Olympics
Goals After Skiing :
Have satisfaction of my ski accomplishments, and never let life become mundane. I enjoy being apart of others lives while they experience new things, and I hope that my entrepreneurship endeavors include this quality.
How do you see yourself giving back to the sport in the future?
Success in skiing depends on networking and continual education. I hope to promote the sport, outdoor exploration, and exercise as a lifestyle through coaching and community involvement.